Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hall of darkness

Woooooosh! A gust of cold, damp air brushes against my face *sigh* it burns. Where am I? Before me is a long, dark corridor lined with doors on both sides and I ask myself “why? what is this? where am I?” Somehow I’m not afraid and believe me I’ve been to strange places with no idea of how I’m going to find my way home but for some strange, crazy and bizarre reason I am not afraid of what lies ahead. So I walk, I just walk, the light I once had against my back slowly dims until I’m in complete darkness *BAM!!* WTF! What was that? Oh! One of the doors just opened…..*BAM!!* it closes, now that’s strange, still I continue to walk.

With heightened senses, I continue to walk *BAM!!* there it goes again, another door opens only this time it’s right beside me and I feel nothing but cold air, so cold in fact it burns my skin to the point where it hurts. I speed up my pace a little….*BAM!!* it shuts, I continue to walk, whilst doing so I think to myself “why me? I just want to be home” I walk…..I continue to walk. With no end in sight, no light to guide me, no one to talk to, I have to keep moving on….to where? I have not a clue but I have to keep going, I must somehow find the strength to keep walking.

I hear something! I think one of the doors is slowly opening, I can hear it creak, there’s light….WOW! I run to it, my gosh it is bright and warm however I cannot see anything yes I know this is strange but hear me out, it is so bright that it’s blinding. As I stand in front of this opened door wondering if I should enter *BAM!!* it shuts……Darkness!

No comments:

Post a Comment